Friday, April 27, 2007

Possession

Today we get the keys to our new home, and tomorrow the moving truck arrives, upon which time the two of us and all our worldly possessions will travel three kilometres down the road the new Casa Fraser. I’m pretty darned excited.

One thing I will miss about our current place, though, is my commute to work across False Creek on the aquabus. This morning, as I was waiting on the dock for the little ferry to arrive, a seal popped his head out of the water about twenty metres in front of me, and gave me an unwavering stare. A goodbye of sorts, I think.

I’m not feeling particularly organized for the move itself. Yes, things are in boxes and utilities have been contacted, so check and check. But a fever and infection kept me in bed for the first half of the week, so the time I was planning to putter and tie up loose ends is suddenly gone. There may be a tonne of things I missed doing but can’t really put my finger on what they are. Ah well, I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough and will have plenty of time in the new place to put things right.