As you know, the Winter Olympics are due to arrive in Vancouver in February of 2010. Recently, I listened to John Furlong, CEO of the Vancouver organizing committee, address a small group of individuals. He commented that the Olympics are "One of the most complicated things a country can choose to do." I quite like that thought. Because the more I think about it, the more complicated it gets.
So on the days that I think my world is complicated, I'll try thinking that through. And thinking,"Whew." Because whatever I need to do, it'll be easier. Easier than trying to get thousands of athletes, from hundreds of countries, speaking dozens of languages, to their specific events on time... and then pulling off the events themselves. It'll also be easier than coordinating the movements of hundreds of thousands of spectators, to a myriad of just-built venues, assigning them each with a seat, and getting them all to behave.
And just about when thinking about all that makes my head start to spin, my own day will start looking much, much less complicated indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment