Monday, January 19, 2009

Skiing

Scott and I are just back from a weekend skiing with friends - a very fun getaway. I'm not a great skiier - I didn't really start skiing until I met Scott - and it was a couple years ago when I realized I wasn't going to get any better if I didn't spend more time doing it. So short of quitting my job, I've spent the last couple of winters spending as much time on snow as possible. I think it added up to about two solid weeks last winter, and hopefully it will be close to that again this year.

Slowly, slowly, I'm getting better, and the reason I can tell is I spend much less time freaking out and close to tears because I'm scared I'll be stuck on the side of a steep mountain forever. Which is good, because it means the whole thing is a lot more fun for me... and a lot more fun for Scott, too.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:37 PM

    Love the photo! It makes me sigh. We are looking forward to a ski trip at the beginning of Feb - my first time out in over 4 years! Enjoy your winter activities. I'll look forward to reading about more..... :) Dawn

    ReplyDelete