Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Reset button


After a hectic month Scott and I needed a break from city life so we headed to Galiano for an extended weekend.

It was the first weekend of the year at the cabin which always brings interesting surprises - as in, "What mess has Mother Nature left behind this time?"
As the first visitors of the season, Scott and I had the pleasure of not only discovering but also delivering the news, both the good (no trees down) and the bad (the refrigerator has sighed its goodbye).

Luckily we also had beautiful sunshiny days, good books to read and delicious wines to savour. And when a dark storm did roll in, Scott and I turned up our collars and watched the wind whip up the water surface and the gulls dive through the gusts.

We've returned home far too soon, ready for our next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment