But about a year ago, New York opened a quirky new park called High Line, a viaduct transformed from it's previous existence as a raised railway line, long abandoned.
I was in New York last December and was excited to check it out. But New York in December is icy cold with a biting wind, and so my wander along Highline was a brisk and lonely one, with only Muk Muk for company.
New York in December and New York in June are very different things, so on this visit I headed back to High Line to see what transformation the season changes had wrought. I was not disappointed. Plants, trees and grasses had blossomed the elevated park into a wild overgrown garden with many ideal people-watching perches. Locals and visitors filled the 10-block urban route for a breezy escape from the sticky and humid city streets
Muk Muk, however, was nowhere to be found. Word on the street is that since our December visit, he has retired and retreated to his home on Vancouver Island.
love the name / look of your blog!
ReplyDelete