Sunday, July 18, 2010

I spy...

On a visit to Galiano, Scott and I usually have lots to watch. There's plenty of seals, eagles and herons; otters, deer and the occasional pod of whales, plus a huge variety of little birds - like hummingbirds and those crazy nuthatches - that get up to crazy antics. It can keep us entertained for hours. But this weekend we had some entertainment of a different sort as we spotted a crowd gathering on the opposite shore. 


We pulled out the spotting scope, a bottle of wine and a bowl of chips and, from almost the exact spot where we got married five years ago, we sat down and watched as someone else got married in the far distance. 


Can you make out the people in this shot? Yep, it was that far away. We may just have taken spying on the neighbours to a whole new level. Although we held back on climbing into the canoe for a closer look, and I declined when Scott suggested we find and crash the evening reception - their guests didn't look half as fun as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment