I returned from the wilds of British Columbia with my new German friends Suzanne and Constance, who loved the ocean and mountains but after a few days were in need of a retail fix. So upon return to Vancouver, I abandoned the office in favour of showing them around Vancouver, specifically the shopping. I know a few boutiques and thought it would be a nice relaxing way to see the city and some of the neighbourhoods.
Seven hours later, and I've never shopped that hard or long - they had more stamina than I've ever seen. We hit probably 50 stores in Yaletown, Gastown and South Main (they had already tackled Robson Street and the new Holt Renfrew before I even showed up). We stopped for a thirty minute lunch break but were back at it again in moments. I left them last night after dinner with directions to South Granville and 4th Avenue (they still have a few hours before their flight leaves today). Me? I'm exhausted. I have blisters on my feet. My credit card is still hot to the touch.
These two are professionals, my hat goes off to them!