Monday, November 03, 2008

Going for Broke

I have some shocking news to report.

That is to say that I have recently indulged in buying a single pair of footwear that cost me upwards of $500. I know, shocking. Not because I've made this kind of purchase before (which I have), not even because the sum is so absurd (which it is). Mostly because this entirely selfish purchase did not net me a pair of shoes as beautiful as this:


Or even this:



Nope. Instead, I have a pair of these:

I'm certainly not going to win any fashion awards wearing these, but I am hoping I'll get some style points for my newly improved ski turns on the snow slopes. Meanwhile, if anyone can rationalize an equivalent purchase on a pair of city-slicker heels, I can. Now if only I can get my bank account to agree.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I have on my Christmas list. I hope Santa has $500 too!

    They are lovely, despite the lack of bows.

    ReplyDelete