I've been to Mexico City a number of times, and while I can find the chaos of the streets overwhelming, the energy of the city is endless and ever-changing, giving every visit a fresh and new perspective. As my visits have been as a result of business trips, the contacts and friendships that have resulted provide a unique and intimate access to a culture and city that I would otherwise know very little about.
With this, I convinced Scott to join me on my most recent visit, and it was an added pleasure when our friends Daniela and Manuel not only offered to host us at their home, but also take us on a weekend visit to Tepoztlan, a resort town an hour south of Mexico City.
Some of our highlights included:
The lovely groomed gardens of Carmelita and Eduardo, whose home we stayed at in Tepoztlan:
Scott's first taste of chapulines, or crickets, in a taco (he actually enjoyed them much more than the expression on his face would indicate):
A visit to Luchas Libres, or Mexican wrestling, which actually resembles cartoon gymnastics more than actual fighting. We had second row seats!
Fisk and Lola, Daniela and Manuel's two miniature schnauzers, who were always happy to see us when we came home:
Lunch at Cafe Tacuba in the Zona Historico, where we shared Agua Fresca of melon juice and I had the best Tamale I have ever, ever eaten:
More photos can be found on Flickr (click on the slideshow on the upper right corner of the blog) - enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment