Last weekend we were in Whistler, and while Scott took a day to go biking with friends, I played tourist with visitors from Mexico. A train journey from the city; ziplining, spa-ing and good food - and so much fun! It's always a pleasure to see my home province through the eyes of a first time visitor, and remember what a remarkable place it is.
This week, I switched roles - this time it was me playing 'first time visitor' on a trip to Dublin, Ireland. There is nothing like a dose of that wide-eyed feeling of travel: of learning, of confusion, of connection - to remind me why I love what I do, and how travel opens doors to learning about cultures, history, environment and more.
More on Dublin later, I promise - right now I'm in transit in Heathrow, and I have a plane to catch!
No comments:
Post a Comment