Monday, May 14, 2007

Creative Photography


Grand Central.JPG
Originally uploaded by Janice Greenwood-Fraser.
I love the creative process of writing and photography, which is why I love my job: I get to know some of the best journalists and photojournalists in the world. But as much as their work can be inspirational, it can also be overwhelming, and I've put off improving my own skills as I don't feel I could ever measure up to the truly world class work I see around me.

And I can imagine any number of you now reading this and shaking your finger at me to tell me the obvious truth that it should be about the enjoyment I get out of it, not how good (or bad) I am. And I've learned with a number of other hobbies I've picked up along the way that you don't have to be good to have fun (did someone say swimming?) so thus stated is my pledge to start picking up the camera more often and having fun.

With that, you'll find a photo that I took not too long ago in New York, a view of Grand Central Station after a stiff late-night drink at the Campbell Apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment