Thursday, May 17, 2007

Stumbling towards the weekend

Life being what it is, a series of expected and unexpected events, the last few weeks have been busy indeed. I spend my days at work trying to whittle down the to-do list to a manageable size and then by the time I get home, which has lately been somewhere around 8pm after various extra-curricular activities, I can't even imagine tackling anything on the home to-do list. Sometimes that list is as simple as finding dinner, and even that stumps me. (All credit goes to Scott for this one, tonight we're having in-season spot prawns with a fresh salad.) It's at this time of the week that basic survival skills are all that's keeping me going, until I can reset the system over the weekend and reclaim some ability to think past one minute from now.

Lucky for me, then, that it's a holiday weekend coming up. Scott and I are headed over to Galiano the minute the five-o'clock whistle blows, so if you need us over the next few days you'll find us loafing around and following the example of some fat, noisy and lazy seals in front of my parent's cabin.