Friday, May 11, 2007

Ode to Main Street

I haven't had much free time to wander the streets around our new place, but it doesn't take much to know how much I like it. The side streets are filled with a combination of beautifully restored heritage homes and lopsided rental houses; community gardens are found in tiny spaces like traffic roundabouts and curbside corners, and the commercial district is an offbeat combination of 'old-Main' with laundromats and upholstery shops that haven't changed since 1972, and 'new Main' with lots and lots of funky independent stores, more than I can count. Scott finds particularly amusing the juxtaposition of the high-end bridal store right next to the porn shop.

Just a few of the many finds in my new 'hood:

- Good Coffee.
- Stylish flowers.
- Cute dresses.
- More cute dresses.
- Great shoes.
- Fun shirts.
- Good food.
- Random letters.