I've bored too many of you with the long and tiresome details of my recent project to refurbish these bedside tables to not share with you the final results. See right.
For those of you not intimately familiar with the story of these tables, I was freshly inspired by all those TV shows and magazine spreads that tell you to "Find free stuff! Make it beautiful!" when I found two bedside tables beside a dumpster. Perfect timing.
The tables were a dull gray but have a lovely concave curve to the drawers, and I decided to add some glamour by painting them black with lovely silver pulls. I think they look great.
However, they're only going to look this great for about five minutes. Because I didn't really think through the painting process and it turns out the original grey veneer doesn't bind well to latex paint and the black colour chips off if you so much as breathe on it.
I've temporarily stalled the paint from chipping excessively by adding glass tops. However, a weekly paint touch up will be required to keep these babies looking fresh. I'll keep a can of paint in the convenient top drawer...

Well done! What's your next project?
ReplyDeleteYou're supposed to sand them first...really well
ReplyDeletethe French Home Handy People...