Monday, November 05, 2007

The view from the road


LA Century Plaza
Originally uploaded by Janamel
Travelling solo is a funny thing. On the plus side, I get to spend time as I choose (I don't think Scott would ever choose two hours in Sephora). On the minus side, the inside jokes are very, well, inside.

When I got home tonight, poor Scott got to listen to my near endless monologue about all the standout moments of my 48 hour trip to LA: "...And I totally got lost in the parkade. And there was this voice in the hotel elevator? It had this awesome midwestern accent that made me laugh every time. And then there was this guy, see, and he was wearing this 'astro boy' hat. It was super funny. Cause it totally didn't suit him. And then..."

Sigh. I guess you had to be there.

1 comment:

  1. They say that most news anchors come from the midwest of either Canada or America. They speak slow and have homogenous accents.
    I totally relate to the solo travel, it's almost like being in a different time zone and lving in dog years - 7 x 1.

    ReplyDelete