So, my this week, my Monday to Friday of: (at least) twelve hug-hug-kiss-kisses, eleven nice-to-meet-you handshakes, ten glasses of wine, nine different outfits, eight cab rides, seven urgent phone calls*, six social engagements, five 'important' meetings, four new projects, three fed-ex packages, two out-of-town trips, and one conference call.
*and I'm not even counting my email 'cause its over 12.
I am not kidding.
But with that kind of jam-packed schedule, there's bound to be some interesting moments. Here's a few of the highlights:
On Monday, my meeting was at the Roundhouse at Whistler. As the Roundhouse is at the top of Whistler mountain, the most convenient way to get to the meeting is on skis (well, not really, but it made for a really good excuse.) Here's a pic of me and my colleagues Cindy, Sam and Steve on our way to the meeting. Actually, while we were on our way to the meeting but somehow accidentally took one more run first. Oops! I blame Sam:
On Thursday I had a catch-up session with my good friends Miga, Quatchi and Sumi, the 2010 Olympic mascots. Actually, the catch-up was fairly one sided because these guys are, well, mute. Many of you know that I've bonded with this great group of friends on the road - April in Los Angeles, July in Quebec city... good times. When you tell people you're tight with the mascots, it's like telling people you're best friends with Santa...it's hard to believe, because they all seem happy to see anyone. But really, in this case it's true. Here's me and Miga after sharing stories:
Today I capped off the week with a day in Kelowna. Normally I would linger in the beautiful Okanagan Valley but alas, this trip was all business. Although the beautiful lakeviews made it hard to concentrate on said business, we still got a lot done. Really:
By Friday at 5pm I was on a flight home with a bottle of Okanagan wine tucked under my arm for Scott. By eight, Scott and I were sitting down with a glass of the wine and some mac & cheese comfort food.
Great week... but wow, am I glad it's over.
No comments:
Post a Comment