Scott made a long-pondered upgrade to his 'engagement' mountain bike (back in 2004 I got the ring, he got the bike) with a more recent model of the same style - a Norco Fluid, for those interested. It's still pristine but is due to be christened in the North Shore mud tomorrow. In the meantime he's been riding it between the kitchen and the living room, from the bedroom to the study...
Meanwhile, after a weekend of cycling in Victoria earlier this spring, I realized it was time to change my commuter bike. My well-used and much-loved Rocky Mountain Fusion has been carrying me to and from downtown for the last couple of seasons, but it was time to find a stylish ride that would suit the urban journey. So after a number of test-rides and a Craigslist encounter, I found my new work-day work-horse, the Electra Amsterdam, stylistically reminiscent of that city's bike fleet:
Pretty, i'nit? Full chainguard, coaster brakes, ringading bell. It ain't gonna win any weight awards (and takes me a bit of effort to chug it up the Ontario St. hill) but it's a laid-back cruiser that's going to put me in a vacation state-of-mind every time I jump on the pedals.
No comments:
Post a Comment