Monday, February 01, 2010

Umbrellas Inside

Tonight Granville Island opened their games-time media centre (a central spot for media to visit for info and filming permits) and in the contagious spirit of celebrating anything that seems fun, the organizers (aka Scott and his colleagues) threw a party.

There were lots of journalists in attendance, so Scott was pretty busy playing host. However, I did catch a quick pic of him hobnobbing with Morgan, from Granville Island's PR firm Immedia:


I know it makes no sense that Morgan is using an umbrella inside but hey, it was a good party.

At the end of the evening we headed home on the Olympic Line, a temporary streetcar that runs between Granville Island and Cambie Street. The streetcars are on loan from the city of Brussels so the short journey has a very Euro-feel.


It was pretty quiet ride on a dark and rainy Monday night, but has been packed during the day and weekends: I expect this will be one of the big hits of the month. I hope it becomes a permanent fixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment