Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vancouver's a Party


Last night I headed downtown Vancouver for an event and walked the long way round to my destination. The enthusiasm of the crowds filling the streets - Granville, Robson, Howe, Georgia - is contagious. The party then extends off the streets into hundreds of bars and restaurants. For the party-scene players, there are dozens of private events to try to get onto the guest list for. So far, I've managed to successfully crash a couple parties, but the biggest problem is that there are just not enough hours in the day.

Up in Whistler, the same energy fills the village but there the athlete to spectator ratio is better so the likelyhood of chancing into a Slovakian skier or German Biathlete is pretty good.
Scott and I have both had random brushes with some level of celebrity - I found Queen Latifah at Starbucks: Scott raced the Vancouver mayor on the bikeroute - the mayor won.

Vancouver and Whistler are changed places this month, there's no question. I'm endlessly happy that the party that I've been talking up to folks around the world for the last few years actually came to town and is everything we promised it would be: awesome fun-ness. Whew. Now, what's tonight's RSVP for?

No comments:

Post a Comment