The excitement I felt today was as strong as it was at the beginning of the flame's journey. For my friends and family in the Vancouver area, I really encourage you to find the torch as it passes through your neighbourhood: it's special experience to share. As for me, I'll next meet up with the flame as it enters BC place on February 12th. Just 8 days to go...
Thursday, February 04, 2010
We Meet Again
It's been 95 days since I carried the Olympic flame in Tofino, BC, and since then it's had a journey across the country and back. The flame and I met again today in Langdale on the Sunshine Coast, where I joined the torch relay for a special ferry sailing to across Howe Sound to Horseshoe Bay.
A crowd of schoolchildren accompanied the torchbearer on the approach to the BC Ferries vessel, and once onboard, a group of BC Ferries employees and friends cheered as a cauldron was lit on the exterior car deck of the ferry as it approached Horseshoe Bay.

The excitement I felt today was as strong as it was at the beginning of the flame's journey. For my friends and family in the Vancouver area, I really encourage you to find the torch as it passes through your neighbourhood: it's special experience to share. As for me, I'll next meet up with the flame as it enters BC place on February 12th. Just 8 days to go...
The excitement I felt today was as strong as it was at the beginning of the flame's journey. For my friends and family in the Vancouver area, I really encourage you to find the torch as it passes through your neighbourhood: it's special experience to share. As for me, I'll next meet up with the flame as it enters BC place on February 12th. Just 8 days to go...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment